Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7/2014 The Worst Week Ever

So why was it in the worst week? Before continuing scroll down to look at the picture of the thermometer............yes, that thermometer had recently come out of MY mouth. I got sick this week with dengue, you probably don't know what that is but maybe the doctor Brooke can look it up and tell you. It was terrible. I could hardly move my body...I went to the Hospital (the best one in all of SC) and they said I had a fever of 39.9 C which is 103.5 F about. Afterwards, they diagnosed me with dengue.
(Dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever, is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by thedengue virus. Symptoms include feverheadachemuscle and joint pains, and a characteristic skin rash that is similar to measles.

Well, I got over it for General Conference, as well as for one of the most amazing experiences of my whole mission. For general conference we had to go to the stake center to watch it. The stake center happens to be my old ward. While I was waiting for it to start, I looked at the door and saw Ignacio. A convert of mine from a year ago. He's 20 years old and we were the best of friends, I got up and he gave me the BIGGEST TIGHTEST hug for about five minutes. He told me "I've been wanting to talk to you now for a while, I SENT IN MY MISSION PAPERS". My eyes immediately filled with tears for joy. In that instant I knew that he would go on to go through the temple and take out his endowments, baptize and rescue many many more than I could, and return and get married in the temple. Maybe I haven't been able to baptized a ton here on my mission, but I baptized the right ones. It was one of the best experiences that I've had here on my mission. Below is a picture of him and I together.
Anyway, this week I have heard tons of comments about how the ward that I am in is a disaster. The attendance is WAY down and we don't even have a bishop...I also heard that President Willard thinks all of these things too. The ex AP told me he was fighting with President to have me come to the zone where this AP would be Zone Leader at but Pres said no, that I had to come to this ward. Now I know why....and I've got my work cut out for me, all the while teaching my companion how the Book of Mormon ends hahahha....General Conference helped me. There was a talk about discipleship and how sometimes discipleship means suffering and talked about some other stuff that made me realize this suffering is only temporarily.
I love you guys, think about you all the time and always pray for you.
       Elder Ure
Mision Santa Cruz de los Milagros



No comments:

Post a Comment