Monday, June 23, 2014

6/23/2014 6 weeks left

Please read the paragraph that I found in an English book here. If I had to describe the culture here, I wouldn't be able to phrase it any better than this...well maybe my grammar would be a bit better, but everything else is to the T! I promise you. Read it now so you'll know what your facing.

So I'm training once again. Interesting right? Because I wont be able to finish the training for this companion..he will still have six more weeks left after I leave. He also is from Peru, and is 18 years old and acts like a sheltered 16 year old. I honestly cant believe how young they are now, its hard for me to believe the Lord trusts in such young men. I never had an annoying little brother to ask me a bunch of pointless questions that I've already answered five times, but now I do.  He has a lot of maturing to do, he comes from a family of all members and looks like his mom took care of him more than you did for me mom hahaha. Hard to believe right? But hes great. Really obedient and has desires to serve (D&C 4:3). I hope I can teach him all I know in only five more weeks.

I'm not really sure what to say. The work is going normal here. I guess that's the problem if there were a problem. We had some great lesson this week and some came to church. Each one has a difficulty stopping them from being baptized. One is super ready. But he says he wants to get baptized with his family in Cochabamba. He works here, but will be here for a good time and doesn't have a date in mind to return. We weren't sure what to do, I didn't want to tell him "No, you cant be baptized with your wife and kids, you need to do it now". I understand salvation is personal, and exaltation is as a family. My companion told me in companionship study, "how about we tell him he should do it now, so that he personally can baptize his family in Cochabamba?" I thought it was a great idea, and that's what we will try to do with him this evening.
That's about all. Oh, and I ate a delicious Brazilian plate of fried alligator tail. It HONESTLY was really good. 

 


my eyes were failing me and they hurt so I went to the doctor and this is what happened........ just kidding!


No comments:

Post a Comment