Monday, July 14, 2014

7/14/2014 "Last Testimony"

So this week I gave the famous "last testimony" in a zone conference we had with 4 other zones. It was tough. It was very emotional. I had never been so nervous in my mission to talk in front of a large group like that. It wasn't because of public speaking, everyone here knows I'm not afraid of that, but it was because I had to face the reality for the first time. The base of my talk was on how I know that Christ lives. The ways that I have found that out in my mission. 1. He has given me difficulties, tasks, and a President, all to help me with the characters of Christ that I was trying to develop. and 2. the many many blessings that either I have received, my converts or rescues have received, or you guys have received. The Book of Mormon speak a lot about when we keep the commandments, we are blessed (Mosiah 2:22, 41, and many more) It is impossible for me to think that He doesn't live, considering ALL that He has given me.
And that's what I testified about. This week was a festival called Festival Moroni. All the youth in the stake prepared a dance that taught about the Bolivian history and they competed against each other in a big indoor soccer place that was perfectly located inside of my area.  We didn't stick around because it started late, but we brought our investigator who will be baptized ON MY BIRTHDAY the 26 of JULY. The last Saturday of my mission to baptize, perfectly falls on my birthday. So he went and sat with his "Brother of Gold" it's called (someone who befriends them and makes them feel comfortable in the ward) and he had a great time. He has already come 5 times to church so he will be great for the 26th.  

That's what's going on in my life right now. See y'all later
       Elder Ure
Mision Santa Cruz de los Milagros


With the AP from my group. This was after we gave our last testimonies.
 He is basically the only friend I have left here, the rest already finished haha.

Fredi at the festival.

A Brother that helped me so much when I lived with him. He is helping pay for the mission of one of my converts! (we will take him and my two converts that are serving missions out to dinner)


We moved the house of the sisters one day.... The is my pose with the trash picker upper thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment